♪ You're sawing my guitar ♪ ♪ You haven't gotten very far ♪ ♪ It's harder than you thought ♪ ♪ Good thing that thisis a new one I bought ♪ ♪ You're sawing my guitar ♪ (saw buzzes) (dramatic music) (Penn groans) (Penn gags) – Don't, don't, don't.
– A T connector.
This project sucks.
(dramatic music) we are legitimate try hards.
– Hey guys.
– This looks like someone is trying to claw up the wallwith bloody fingernails.
(dramatic music) welcome to a special musicaledition of D.
What kind of music? We don't really know yet.
– This is a very specialguitar in our house.
It was very inexpensive, but we used this guitar for many, many years.
The strings are broken, the neck is broken, so sad.
– I know.
So my D.
I Wife, Monica, has a plan.
– Yeah, we're gonna turn itinto a really cool shelf.
What we're going to do isactually cut the whole face off, this is the face?- Can you do that? – Is this part the face? – Now I don't like it.
– So we're gonna cut thewhole face off of it.
– Is is gonna come back? Are you gonna John Travolta it and put it on somethingelse, or like what's? – No, no, it's gone.
– Like “Face/Off” I get it.
– Oh (laughs).
– You didn't get that.
– So we're gonna cut the whole face off and then put a shelf or two depending, I've never really seenthe inside of a guitar.
So we're kinda winging this, going with it on the fly.
We're gonna put a shelfin, and then you can put like cool stuff on it, and put it on the wall.
– I'm skeptical.
(Monica imitates sad music) (upbeat music) – [Kim] So what do we need for this? – So here's what we have, we need a busted up guitar, we have our safety goggles, of course.
I have a combination of adhesives, like a Liquid Nails, andthen this is a RapidFuse that claims to bond virtually anything.
These are little wirecutters, we have some– ♪ You are listing all the materials girl ♪ ♪ You're listing the materials girl ♪ ♪ Oh yeah you are listingall the materials girl ♪ ♪ And I am a material world.
♪ Okay bye.
– Here are the materials, girls.
♪ You are listing all the materials girl ♪ – You need wood for your shelves.
We are gonna use the jigsaw, which you've used before.
– All right.
♪ Jigsaw the sign ♪ Should I stop? – [Women] No.
(upbeat music) – So while he plays musiclet's start with the wires.
We're gonna cut off the wires.
– Okay, like this right here? ♪ Come on baby cut my wire ♪ – Do we need safety goggles? ♪ Come on baby cut my wire ♪ ♪ Try to set the night on ♪ – [Kim] What do you thinkis gonna happen, Monica? – [Penn] Why are you doing it that way? – Like that!- That! – Exactly.
– That was violent.
– Okay, when you're snippingthis put on the eyewear, because Kim is going toviolently shoot the string at me.
♪ Come on baby cut my wire ♪ – Oh god that's gonna, don't hold it, get away.
♪ Try to set the night ♪ (all laugh) – (screams) Don't do it again yet.
Give me a countdown.
– Three, two, one, oh for the love! – Do you want me to do it?- Okay.
(wire snaps) – All right.
– This is a dangerous craft, okay.
– So many ways youcould've made that safer.
Should I tell you, or should I just? – Yes.
– All right, you could've loosened the strings a ton over there.
Or you could've take needle nosed pliers and just pulled those pegs out.
Not interested in eitherof those, are you? – No.
– Okay, very good.
– I feel like this had alittle element of excitement.
– That's super howmusicians carry guitars.
– Like this? – Yeah, going to the gigs.
– [Penn] Are you a lumberjack? – Going to my gig (laughs).
– So I have experience withthe jigsaw, it is not good.
– With this one, we dowanna try and get it as close to the edge as possible.
♪ Try to saw the line ♪ ♪ Just open up youreyes and saw the line ♪ ♪ I know it's demanding ♪ ♪ But don't screw it up Monica ♪ ♪ Just try to saw the line ♪ ♪ Just open up youreyes and saw the line ♪ ♪ No one's gonna mess it up ♪ ♪ Get into the night where you belong ♪ – Okay, I am going to use the jigsaw and cut kind of along the edges, being careful not to cut off the neck.
(jigsaw buzzes) ♪ You're sawing my guitar ♪ ♪ You haven't gotten very far ♪ ♪ It's harder than you thought ♪ ♪ Good thing that thisis a new one I bought ♪ ♪ You're sawing my guitar ♪ (saw cuts through wood) (upbeat music) – Oh, that was so freaking easy.
(Penn and Kim laugh) – [Kim] There's already shelves in there! – There's like little babymini shelves in there already.
I mean, our work here is done, let's put it on the wall.
(jigsaw buzzes) (upbeat music) ( Monica imitates triumphant music) – Yay! – Okay, we have all the woods.
I didn't really know what we'd need.
So what we have is like super thin boards, which I think will be the shelves.
And then Kim, you grabthese square dowels.
The tricky part here is that my wood is straight and the guitar is curved.
We are doing some precisionwork in a very non-precise way.
We are holding the board here, and Kim is going to mark it.
– So blade on the line.
(jigsaw buzzes) That was so freaking perfect.
– I know! – That was really good.
– I am just drunk with power.
So how exactly are we gonna get the shelves to stay in the guitar? – So I don't know, to be honest with you.
But before we even get to that we need to sand the edges of this, so.
(sandpaper smoothing guitar) – Why do I always wear niceclothes to these things? – I don't, I just wear gross black shirts.
And you always look cute.
– Why do I do that? – [Monica] Oh gosh, she's gonna start cleaning in the middle of this.
(vacuum runs) – I'm a little crazy, sorry.
– Because of the shape of the guitar, this isn't going anywhere.
It's bracketed on the back and then the sides are holding it.
What we want is to runthe glue along there.
This bonds virtually anything.
Okay, hold it there, we needto press for 30 seconds.
– We have a 30 second hold break, Penn.
– Cue the graphic, cuethe background sound.
♪ You trashed my old guitar ♪ ♪ But you're making something new ♪ ♪ The hope is that eventuallyyou'll impress me ♪ ♪ Sad woman take it slowdon't pick your fingers out ♪ ♪ DIY just need a little patience ♪ ♪ Sad woman hold it downdon't let it go too quick ♪ ♪ Happy gluing the things at night ♪ ♪ Just trying to get it ♪ Sorry okay, I'll stop.
– I legitimately jumped, 'cause I have an issue with getting scared easily.
– It is like, like a little, like a.
– Leaning, we'll putthe things in the back.
Okay, this bottom shelf fit in perfectly, and the shape of the guitar actually holds it like really, really stable.
This upper one, the bracket helps, but it's just a little bit unstable.
So we're just gonnacut little mini dowels, and maybe like two inches, and put them underneath, and that will support it.
This wood is very soft, so I'm just gonna score it with the X-Acto knife.
So I think we just need alittle bit of glue here.
Build wise, we're done.
Everything's in and sturdy enough to hold the small littledecorative items that we need.
Now we need to shop the house and find some cute littleitems to style it up.
(bright music) Okay, super pumped for you to see this.
(Sunny whimpers) Oh gosh, so is Sunny.
– What was that, oh hi Sunny.
– [Monica] That was me, that was my stomach.
– Three, two, one.
– Oh I love it, you guys! – Do you love it?- Yes! That's really cool.
– It's like my own little memory spot.
It's got our wedding, and it's got my grandad's basketball picture, and it's got a little cupfor me to put soy sauce in, which is great.
– Pretty good, right? – This is very creative, and very cool, and I love it, and honestly, this room needs things.
– I mean, still needsa little more up here, but this is a great start.
(upbeat music) – So time for the three Ts, which is our time, the tab and the tips.
So the timing took, I meanit took a minute, but– – It took a minute, it took about an hour and 10 minutes total.
– The tab, really wealready had the guitar.
So that's assuming that youalready have the guitar.
It's the wood and the wood glue.
– Yes, and this wood islike little project panels, so they were $4 each, so $8 in wood.
And then the glue, the was 5.
So the whole thing— 15 bucks.
– I would say like under $15.
– That's amazing.
– I mean, with the caveat that you will need to destroy a guitar.
– Or no, I wouldn't destroya guitar to do this.
We love our instruments.
I would say if you have a very destroyed guitar that has sentimental value.
– Yeah, so this wasn't a donatable guitar.
Okay tips, I think ithelped to have two sets of hands to be able to do the jigsaw.
– You wanna keep the neck portionof the guitar all the way.
Another tip is that every guitar– (Sunny sneezes) – Excuse you.
– Another tip is thatevery guitar, you kind of don't know what you're gonnaget until you open it up.
So this happened to haveleg shelf brackets inside, but every guitar is different, right? – Yeah, for sure, and I don't know if all of them are built like that.
Definitely you want an acoustic guitar.
Don't do this with an electric guitar.
They're not deep enough and they have wires and things in them.
– So ready for this, thumbs up, thumbs down, would you recommend this project, ready? – Okay, one, two three.
– Two, three.
– Absolutely, so let us knowwhat you think of this project.
– If you've ever done this before we'd love to see your pictures.
If you end up doing this craft please post the pictures, we love to see them.
Make sure to like, subscribe, share it, all of– – Follow it, all the things.
– All the things, okay bye! ♪ Now I'm alone with my shelf ♪ ♪ Which we made at apretty reasonable cost ♪ ♪ There's a photo of mygrandad I thought I'd lost ♪ ♪ And a bowl that couldprobably hold soy sauce ♪ ♪ Yeah I'm all by my shelf ♪ ♪ I'm sitting here allby my shelf any more ♪ Thanks for watching, subscribe or do whatever we're supposed to do on this social media page, like, follow? – [Monica] Hey guys, don't forget to subscribe for more D.
And let us know whatother types of projects, crafts and DIYs you want us to try out.
Last thing, we just starteda brand new Insta for the D.
Wives, so give it afollow and come say hi, thanks.